Mama Taraba, Fani-Kayode in twitter war

410

Embattled Women Affairs Minister, Aisha Alhassan, and former Aviation Minister Femi Fani-Kayode on Sunday threw verbal punches at each other, over statements credited to her accusing Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai of involvement in the controversial Chibok girls saga, which she has denied.

Reacting to the purported indictment of the Governor, Mr Fani-Kayode who is a major critic of the current government, expressed support for the Minister, to her discomfort and she told him to back off her matter, telling him to “respect himself.”

But the former minister was unfazed. He suspected that Mrs Alhassan, also known as Mama Taraba, was “blowing hot and cold” as a result of her public declaration of support for former Vice President Atiku Abubakar over President Muhammadu Buhari if she had to choose between the two in the 2019 presidential election.

Fani-Kayode told Alhassan to resign from the Buhari administration before it strips her “naked and feed her to the dogs.”

To Alhassan’s purported statement that she had incriminating evidence against el-Rufai over the Chibok girls, Fani-Kayode tweeted: “Mama Taraba is a courageous woman who has spoken the truth. @Atiku is a blessing while @MBuhari is a curse. The APC sun is about to set.

Fani-Kayode tweeted further: “Mama Taraba has a duty to tell us all she knows about @elRufai’s alleged role in the Chibok girls scam and Boko Haram. I urge her to do so.”

“I said it BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the 2015 presidential campaign that the truth about the Chibok girls and those behind BH (Boko Haram) was yet to be heard. Now it is all coming out. Nothing is hidden under the sun. Thank you, Mama Taraba. Soon the world will know who the real terrorists are.”

But Mama Taraba would not want to be dragged further into the controversy, particularly Fani-Kayode’s long-drawn feud with President Buhari.

She tweeted: “As a former Minister of the Federal Republic, it is demeaning on your person to deliberately engage in peddling false (sic). I never said such. Delete your peddled falsehood. And that is exactly what it is. Lies and propaganda. Thank God APC is clearing your mess.”

Her post provoked a series of replies from Fani-Kayode. He tweeted:

“Mama Taraba should continue to stand on the platform of truth and not allow herself to be intimidated. I reacted to a story in which she allegedly exposed @elrufai. It took her 24 hours to deny the story and I wonder why. If the story is not true she should blame the original source, medium and author of the allegation and not me. I merely reacted to it like millions of other Nigerians did.

“She should clean up her stinking mess and not blame me for it. I guess that it is also not true that her associates in the APC government have alleged that 12m went missing under her watch as Minister and that she now supports @atiku against her own boss.

“She should stand firm and stop blowing hot and cold. U cannot serve God and the devil at the same time. I repeat she should clean up her stinking mess and understand that I am not a soft or easy target.

“ Whichever way, the APC sun is still setting. My advice to her is to stop getting her pretty knickers in a twist, to tow (sic) the path of honor, to resign from this accursed Govt. and to leave the APC before they strip her stark naked and feed her to the dogs.”

Mama Taraba had tweeted thus:

1. Jummai Alhassan‏ @SenAishaAlhassn 16h16 hours ago

Sen. Jummai Alhassan Retweeted Femi Fani-Kayode

You peddled falsehood. And that’s exactly what it is. Lies and propaganda. Thank God APC is cleaning up your mess.

Femi Fani-KayodeVerified account @realFFK

I said it BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the 2015 presidential campaign that the truth about the Chibok girls and those behind BH was yet to be

Direct message

1. Jummai Alhassan‏ @SenAishaAlhassn 16h16 hours ago

Sen. Jummai Alhassan Retweeted Femi Fani-Kayode

As a formr minister of the federal republic, it is demeaning on ur persn to deliberately engage in peddling false. I never said such. Delete

Femi Fani-KayodeVerified account @realFFK

Mama Taraba has a duty to tell us all she knows about @elrufai’s alleged role in the Chibok girls scam and Boko Haram.I urge her to do so.

Direct message

Fani-Kayode’s tweets are reproduced below:

8.the path of honor, to resign from this accursed Govt. and to leave the APC before they strip her stark naked and feed her to the dogs.

Direct message

1. Femi Fani-Kayode‏Verified [email protected]  3h3 hours ago

6.and cold. U cannot serve God and the devil at the same time. I repeat she should clean up her stinking mess and understand that I am not aFemi Fani-Kayode‏Verified account @realFFK  3h3 hours ago

5.went missing under her watch as Minister and that she now supports @atiku against her own boss. She should stand firm and stop blowing hot

4 replies37 Femi Fani-Kayode‏Verified account @realFFK  3h3 hours ago

4.her stinking mess and not blame me for it.I guess that it is also not true that her associates in the APC government have alleged that 12mFemi Fani-Kayode‏Verified account @realFFK  3h3 hours ago

3.source, medium and author of the allegation and not me. I merely reacted to it like millions of other Nigerians did. She should clean up

8 replies33

2.allegedly exposed @elrufai. It took her 24 hours to deny the story and I wonder why.If the story is not true she should blame the original

Direct message

1. Femi Fani-Kayode‏Verified [email protected]  3h3 hours ago

1.Mama Taraba should continue to stand on the platform of truth and not allow herself to be intimidated. I reacted to a story in which she

23 replies77

Direct message

1. Femi Fani-Kayode‏Verified [email protected]  11h11 hours ago

Direct message

1. Femi Fani-Kayode‏Verified [email protected]  11h11 hours ago

Mama Taraba has a duty to tell us all she knows about @elrufai‘s alleged role in the Chibok girls scam and Boko Haram.I urge her to do so.

Direct message

1. Femi Fani-Kayode‏Verified [email protected]  11h11 hours ago

Mama Taraba is a courageous woman who has spoken the truth. @atiku is a blessing whilst @MBuhari is a curse. The APC sun is about to set.