Qudirat Hakeem-Apanpa, Ibadan
To his dismay, a teacher who has confessed to raping three of his students in a nursery school is angry that he has been given a summary sack.
The management of the Calvary Heritage Kiddies Castle sacked Mr. Olayinka Oluwadare Folarin for allegedly raping three minors.
While speaking with newsmen in Ibadan on Monday, the suspect who confessed to have had canal knowledge of the girls in the school’s toilets, expressed anger at the way he has been treated by the school.
He said immediately the incidents came into the open, he reported to the school authority and “what I saw next was sack letter without any financial backing after serving the school for three years.”
In an apparent demonstration of lack of contrition over the alleged crime, he added: “The most unfortunate thing is that the school authority sacked me and I was abandoned”.
The father of four, who blamed Satan for his action, said that it was beyond his control, adding that at a point, he contacted his employer for spiritual assistance which they failed to give him.
He also confessed that since 2013, he had been having sex with the girls in the toilet, using lubricants before penetration.
“They are pupils in my class. I have nothing to achieve by having sex with them. Nobody is beyond this kind of evil act.
“I have wife, she never once rejected me, but I know that the devil is at work, it will not succeed, I have four children, I cannot plot evil against the girls,” he said.
The suspect, who claimed that he had changed, said: “I am not happy doing it but it is beyond my control. I go to church and I have always prayed against all sort of evil acts.”
He added: “I once told a pastor in the school who advised that we should organise a three-day prayer at a particular mountain which I was unable to meet because of the nature of the job I do”.
While claiming that his wife had not been aware of his escapades before he was exposed, Folarin said when he was arrested, she became distraught. “In fact, my wife is not happy about the situation,” he told reporters.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Olabisi Ilobanafor, confirmed that medical report showed that the victims had been defiled.
She said the suspect would be transferred to the state Criminal Investigation Department (CID) for further investigation on whether there were several other girls that had been defiled by the suspect.